Migraine makes us vulnerable. Fears of stigma cause us to hide our symptoms. Even when we’re with those who understand, our hiding continues.
If we’re ever going to break down stigma, we must first become visible. That requires each of us to let down our guard, stop hiding, and let our vulnerability show. It’s scary, I know. The risk of ridicule is real. Yet I believe that we are brave, strong, and capable of shouldering that burden. It’s time we showed the world how strong we really are.
What is one way that you have been hiding? Tell us about your plan to stop hiding. What will you do differently? What might get in your way? How will you navigate the barriers and roadblocks?
Ways to participate
- Share this post on your social media profiles. Personalize the post by sharing your response to today’s challenge.
- Respond to the challenge by commenting below.
- Write a blog post, responding to today’s challenge. When published, share the link to your post in the comments below and we’ll promote your blog’s participation in the #MHAM2018 Social Media Challenge.
- Don’t forget to invite your friends to take the #MHAM2018 Social Media Challenge, too!
Want to know more?
- View the full list of this year’s daily challenges.
- Discover the history of National Migraine & Headache Awareness Month
The #MHAM2018 Challenge is a project of MigraineDisease.co
© Copyright 2018 Tammy Rome. All rights reserved.
Medical Review by: David Watson, MD