The June 30, 2018 Migraine & Headache Awareness Month Social Media Challenge is dedicated to this wonderful community of patients, advocates, and physicians who quickly rallied to change the conversation about Migraine when an Instagram post on June 28, 2018 by Elle Magazine encouraged a new fashion trend called #migrainepose.
Each of you responded by challenging the stigma that drives such comments, posted your own #truemigrainepose, and called for a new conversation about Migraine. You are all superheroes!
Yesterday at the American Headache Society 60th Annual Scientific Meeting the winner of the 3rd Annual Migraine Moment contest was announced. This winning video is a perfect example of what it means to be a Migraine hero.
Congratulations, Maria Galli, and thank you for such a beautiful gift!
The final challenge for the 2018 Migraine and Headache Awareness Month is two-fold:
- Share Maria’s video using all your social media accounts.
- Join us in accepting the challenge from American Migraine Foundation by “respectfully advocate for those living with migraine by sharing photos of what a migraine attack really looks like by sharing personal photos using the hashtag #truemigrainepose.” Please tag both the American Migraine Foundation and MigraineDisease.com so we can share your posts (use the links below).
Ways to participate
- Share this post on your social media profiles. Personalize the post by sharing your response to today’s challenge.
- Respond to the challenge by commenting below.
- Write a blog post, responding to today’s challenge. When published, share the link to your post in the comments below and we’ll promote your blog’s participation in the #MHAM2018 Social Media Challenge.
- Don’t forget to invite your friends to take the #MHAM2018 Social Media Challenge, too!
Want to know more?
- View the full list of this year’s daily challenges.
- Discover the history of National Migraine & Headache Awareness Month
The #MHAM2018 Challenge is a project of MigraineDisease.com.