The June 18, 2018 Migraine & Headache Awareness Month Social Media Challenge is dedicated to the tireless efforts of patient advocates with Migraine, Cluster Headache, and other headache disorders. Your hard work is greatly appreciated!
Migraine and Headache Awareness Month is for everyone, with any headache disorder. Raising awareness about ALL headache disorders is the job of EVERYONE with ANY headache disorder. None of us are in this alone, yet competitiveness and in-fighting are common. Instead of arguing about the visibility of Migraine awareness, we need to work TOGETHER to raise awareness for EVERYONE.
Think of Migraine and Headache advocacy as one big playground. We all come with our own combination of headache disorders. Just because the “Migraine kids” outnumber everyone else, doesn’t mean we all don’t matter. Let’s try a little “sandbox diplomacy” for once. Bring your toys, share with everyone, be kind to everyone. Most of all, remember that this isn’t a competition. We’re all playing in the same sandbox, so we may as well play nicely.
EVERY headache disorder matters.
What is one way that you can support awareness for a headache disorder you do not have?
Ways to participate
- Share this post on your social media profiles. Personalize the post by sharing your response to today’s challenge.
- Respond to the challenge by commenting below.
- Write a blog post, responding to today’s challenge. When published, share the link to your post in the comments below and we’ll promote your blog’s participation in the #MHAM2018 Social Media Challenge.
- Don’t forget to invite your friends to take the #MHAM2018 Social Media Challenge, too!
Want to know more?
- View the full list of this year’s daily challenges.
- Discover the history of National Migraine & Headache Awareness Month