#MHAM2018 Social Media Challenge Day 4 was inspired by the 1980 film, “9 to 5” starring Lilly Tomlin, Jane Fonda, and Dolly Parton. These overworked, underappreciated secretaries take revenge on their sexist, overbearing boss by kidnapping him and successfully running the business in his absence.
Working with Migraine and Headache disorders is challenging in the best work environments. Sadly, few of us have ideal work environments, supportive colleagues, or understanding supervisors. Too many of us have been forced to leave careers we love because our symptoms are too frequent and severe.
If you were in charge of your workplace, how would you create a Migraine and Headache friendly work environment? What would you say to an employee who calls in sick or has to leave early because of Migraine or Headache? How might you strike a balance between meeting job requirements and making accommodations?
Here’s a little eighties inspiration to get you started.
Ways to participate
- Share this post on your social media profiles. Personalize the post by sharing your response to today’s challenge.
- Respond to the challenge by commenting below.
- Write a blog post, responding to today’s challenge. When published, share the link to your post in the comments below and we’ll promote your blog’s participation in the #MHAM2018 Social Media Challenge.
- Don’t forget to invite your friends to take the #MHAM2018 Social Media Challenge, too!
Want to know more?
- View the full list of this year’s daily challenges.
- National Migraine & Headache Awareness Month History
- Migraine Causes 113 Million Lost Work Days
- Workplace Accommodations: Migraine and the Law
- Migraine at Work – Download this free guide from American Migraine Foundation
The #MHAM2018 Challenge is a project of MigraineDisease.com.
© Copyright 2018 Tammy Rome. All rights reserved.
Medical Review by: David Watson, MD