#MH2018 Social Media Challenge Day 1 is inspired by the musical talents of Twenty-One Pilots. The song begins by asking, “Am I the only one I know waging my wars behind my face and above my throat?” Our answer is a resounding, “NO! You are #NotAlone.”
- One in four households is impacted by Migraine. There are 39 million Americans living with Migraine yet fewer than half have ever received a diagnosis or even talked to a doctor about their symptoms. Most people think Migraine is just a bad headache. They have no idea that Migraine is actually the most common neurological disorder in the world and the THIRD leading cause of disability in people under age 50.
- One in a thousand people are living with Cluster headache. Muscular sclerosis affects just as many people! Unfortunately, few people know what it is or how it’s diagnosed and treated. Nicknamed “suicide headache” because the excruciating pain often drives people to suicide, it continues to be one of the most misunderstood and misdiagnosed of all the headache disorders. The average time to diagnosis is EIGHT years.
- Too many are living in isolation and settling for inadequate or absent treatment. They believe they’re alone and that nothing can help them. Help us tell each one, “You are #NotAlone.”
Watch the music video to see why we think this is the perfect song to kick of this year’s challenge
Get the word out! If you, or someone you care about, lives with Migraine, Cluster, or another headache disorder, please join the #MHAM2018 Social Media Challenge. Use the power of social media or your personal blog to announce that you’ve accepted the challenge. Write a message of hope. Tell the world, “You are #NotAlone!”
Ways to participate
- Share this post on your social media profiles. Personalize the post by sharing your response to today’s challenge.
- Respond to the challenge by commenting below.
- Write a blog post, responding to today’s challenge. When published, share the link to your post in the comments below and we’ll promote your blog’s participation in the #MHAM2018 Social Media Challenge.
- Don’t forget to invite your friends to take the #MHAM2018 Social Media Challenge, too!
Want to know more?
- View the full list of this year’s daily challenges.
- Discover the history of National Migraine & Headache Awareness Month